Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Surprises

It's amazing how fast kids grow, how they can share so many common traits, how they can look so much alike and also be so different, how they acquire their tastes, likes and dislikes, their personality.

I've had 5 years of motherhood so far and I have to say that I am surprised by something new every week. My son loves anything sweet. He adores it. But my daughter goes for a more mature taste, like vanilla ice cream over very, very chocolate. Now how did that happen? They both eat the same food, live in the same house, have the same mommy. And this mommy doesn't even like ice cream! My son is a super extrovert and my daughter is more of the shy type. But my goodness! You wouldn't know this when they argue. I can list all the surprising little tidbits here but I don't think there is enough space or time in a day.

Suffice it to say, I am loving surprises and eagerly awaiting the millions I know are still coming my way.

2 comments:

dreamwalker said...

Yay you're back!

vicki said...

Yup! I'm keeping both blogs now..:)