Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last Thoughts

It's the last day of work and I am getting ready to go home for a 10-day break. I need this. I am super tired, I really want some time with my hubby and kids, and I am hoping to enjoy the end of the year as it's my favorite season. Livi tagged me for this Yearly Review Post, and I really want to do this, but it's just so...much effort and really looooong. Livi asked me how one learns if one doesn't review and assess. I thought about this for a while and this is my take. I don't need to review so much because a lot of the things I really liked and disliked I still remember today. In fact, I remember a lot of things from last year and the year before as well, to be honest. For the positives, I focus on what I think I did right, the root and reason behind it, and try to keep doing that. For the negatives, well, this is tough for me. I tend to really over-think and over-feel things. Because of this, I don't relish rehashing everything because this just brings whatever emotions I felt at the time back to the forefront. And after I've looked at a situation, thought about it a bajillion times, tried to look for alternatives, tried to live those solutions, it isn't a good idea for me to go back to the beginning, when feelings were hurt. So, will I be doing the tag? I don't know yet. But I do know what went on this year, both good and bad.

No comments: