Monday, March 9, 2009

Traveling Feet

My sister-in-law finally left for New Zealand just this past Saturday. I can say it was an emotional couple of days for my in-laws. I will miss her, for sure, but there was one feeling and thought that kept surfacing as we were waiting for her to board- I miss traveling. I miss packing, lining up to check-in, riding the plane, looking out the window at the receding shores of the Philippine Islands, preparing to get off and step on foreign soil. I miss the sights, smells, sounds, and feeling of visiting another country. I want to do it all again. I want to bring the hubby and my two kids and I want to see the wonder and excitement on their faces when they experience it all for the first time.

My traveling feet are itching again. What do I do?

1 comment:

dreamwalker said...

Yep, Vicki. Go pack your bags!