Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shoulds from Livi's Blog

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE…

enough money within her control to move out,
rent a place of her own,
even if she never wants to or needs to… –> this was always my orientation, but it didn't quite turn out that way.

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE …
something perfect to wear whether the employer,
or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour… –> I need to shop.

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE …
a past juicy enough that she’s looking forward to
re-telling it in her old age…. –> Must I? Really?

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE …
one friend who always makes her laugh…and one who lets her cry… –> yup, yup. In one and in many.

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE …
eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems,
and a recipe for a meal,
that will make her guests feel honored… –> Shoot! I only have 6's. Does this mean I have to buy an entirely new set?

A WOMEN SHOULD HAVE…
a feeling of control over her destiny…. –> Sometimes.

…and

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW…
how to fall in love without losing herself… –> Always had problems with this. Funny, huh?

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW…
how to quit a job, –> done this
break up with a lover, –> done this as well (badly all times)
and confront a friend without;
ruining the friendship… –> done this with better results than the previous 'should'

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW…
when to try harder…and WHEN TO WALK AWAY… –> I think I understand this and can do this a lot better now.

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW…
that she can’t change the length of her calves,
the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents.. –> I've accepted that I will always be short and slightly hippy (as in hips not the 60's movement), but the parents thing I realized a bit late in life.

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW…
that her childhood may not have been perfect…but its over… –> no, no, no. I want to be forever young.

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW…
what she would and wouldn’t do for love or more… –> Ok, this is hard.

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW…
how to live alone…even if she doesn’t like it… –> This I can handle.

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW..
whom she can trust, whom she can’t, –> Hmm, quite the opposite of Livi. I don't trust very easily.
and why she shouldn’t take it personally… –> Why not?

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW…
where to go..
be it to her best friend’s kitchen table…
or a charming inn in the woods…
when her soul needs soothing… –> Ok, I need to work on this one.

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.. .
what she can and can’t accomplish in a day…
a month…and a year… –> Does any woman really ever figure this out? I mean, seriously.

No comments: