Thursday, September 4, 2008

Letting Go

I've kind of been proud that I have the ability to recognize (ok, mostly for non-personal things) when to let go and move on, when to accept change, and how to deal with this and adapt. I find though, that letting go and adapting has been quite difficult for me to do these past 2 weeks. I understand that this has to be done, that things are not the way they were anymore, that I need to accept and move on. But this precious step has been eluding me. Numi told me that once I rewire the way I see what I am tasked with now, things will become so much easier. But I can't seem to find the wires to rewire. Does that make sense? I just know I've been feeling jumbled up, and unstable, and like I am constantly in transition. And, if you know me, you would know that these are the least desirable adjectives in my repertoire.

I just hope that I can adjust already and get on with it. Because although things should be much simpler now, they are just a lot more stressful.

5 comments:

yanka said...

Who was it who told me the other day that I was putting too much pressure on myself? :)

I don't really know what the situation is. Unsolicited opinion, however - when I read your words, it's like you are only processing the situation mentally, not emotionally. Like some feelings have not been fully acknowledged.

vicki said...

Hahahaha! Touche.
Perhaps you are right about the processing part. Maybe it's a coping thing. I don't know. I have to think about it (mental again?). hehe.

Visual Velocity said...

Maybe yoga might help? :-)

**meg** said...

Hmn... Seems like I know what you're talking about. However, I think women our age are wired to think that if we're not spread too thinly, we aren't really doing much.

Is that what's happening? :)

vicki said...

Andy, I am not sure about the Yoga part. hehehe.

Meg, perhaps my patience and flexibility are getting stretched too thinly.

*SIGH