Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Ultimate List

I got this from Meg's blog. It's a list of things you can't live without. It looked like an activity worth spending some time and brain cells thinking over so I decided to try to make my own. Here's my list.

1. Loyalty


“Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life”
Napoleon Hill


I've realized over the years that this is a really important thing for me. I think that a lot of mistakes in friendships, relationships, what have you spring from a certain lack of loyalty. I truly think that if you are loyal and steadfast in that loyalty, then a lot of difficult situations and questions can be overcome and answered.

2. Love and Affection
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."
Lao Tzu

I don't believe that if you have love, just love, than everything will work out and you can survive. I think it is important, essential, to have love. But I believe this has to be expressed. Unexpressed love becomes just an idea in someone's head.

3. Respect

"Be beautiful if you can, Wise if you want to... But be respected-that is essential."
Anna Gould
It's so easy to hurt someone. A single word or phrase can break a heart. And so much can be said especially in times of discord. Life will always throw storms at you. It doesn't seem to care if you think you can survive through these storms or not. Respect is the single thing that keeps you civil when you are in the middle of a storm.

4. Kindness

"Don't be yourself - be someone a little nicer."
Mignon McLaughlin
Ok, I need to practice what I preach. Enough said.

5. Ambition
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
I would not even dare to try to say that any better than Teddy.

So, this was my attempt to make an Ultimate List. Food for thought, really.

I'm tagging Livi, Numi, Affie, Mai.
(Clarification:You don't have to do the OC quotes format. You can just enumerate and elucidate using your own words.)

Have fun!!

4 comments:

dreamwalker said...

Gosh, Vicki - this is going to be hard work :P

Mai da Paypay said...

hey vicki thanks for the tag!

i'm baaaaccckk!!! i'm editing the header image soon. tee hee!

vicki said...

have fun ladies! =)

vicki said...

Mai, no worries about the header. =)