Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pain, Eyesight, and Medical Coverage

I fell down the stairs early Sunday am. I consider myself someone with a relatively high pain threshold but that was p-a-i-n-f-u-l. I have very bad eyesight see. I am near-sighted. And, stupid me, in my rush to see why my son was crying, I forgot my glasses in my room. To give you a better picture of my house, let me compare it to a typical English house. You know, the ones that go upwards instead of sideways? So I rushed downstairs to get to my son who was in the living room with his yaya, then I brought him to his room on the 3rd floor, and I rushed down to the 2nd floor to my room to get my glasses while he was on the throne. I fell down the last 3 curving steps of the stairs that leads from the 2nd to the 3rd floor. Fantastic huh?

Thankfully I have good HMO coverage. When I went to the hospital Monday (after my the swelling of my foot had not subsided and had gotten decidedly swollen instead), I had a consult, x-rays, and diagnosis- all on my HMO!! This was great because going to the hospital is quite expensive. The only sucky thing though was that my HMO did not cover the crutches I needed. So now I have to look around for inexpensive crutches. It would have been silly to get crutches worth 2k when I would be only using them for 2 weeks max. I am using one of those four-legged cane thingys that my husband was able to borrow from his friend. It isn't very helpful thought. I am hopping around now, every muscle I know and didn't know aching like mad, and not getting really far. Would anyone have info as to where I can get inexpensive crutches asap? ahhhh, Pain!!!!!

2 comments:

dreamwalker said...

Hope you feel better!

Avril said...

You looked like you were enjoying being wheeled out of the QA room on an office chair yesterday. :)

Hope you find the crutches. What did Borough say about suppliers?