Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Too Early to Think but not to Think Weight Loss

It's 6:40 am and I am at the office, getting ready to go to a Job Fair my office joined. I am really sleepy. Anyone who knows me knows that this is much too early for me. I have always been, and I suspect always will be, a night person. I had to drag myself out of bed, switch to CNN (yes, I find news entertaining, so call me a bore already), and dream of the end of the day, just to be able to get dressed and going.

Anyway, now that I am here I am spending some waiting minutes looking through interesting sites. One on Calorie Restriction Affie suggested I look at is particularly interesting. I used the Calorie Calculator and got a rough estimate of how many calories I need to ingest to maintain my current weight. I have to say I wasn't surprised. I was pleased to see though that the calorie count I assigned myself to lose weight was just about on target. I couldn't understand everything written in the links I clicked (hey, there's only so much my brain will process even if it is about weight loss) but I think what I understood was good enough.

All in all, not a bad way to start a very early, long day.

No comments: